Some Hikvision cameras have a reset button that can be used to rest the device. The button is often located close to the SD card slot and usually under a protective cover. If the device has a reset button it needs to be held in while the device is powered off and then kept held while powering up the device and for a short while after powering on.
A lot of devices however do not have a reset button. Devices including DVR's, NVR's and IP CCTV cameras without a rest button can be reset using the SADP software which is freely available from Hikvision.
How to reset a Hikvision device using SADP.
Before starting please note that the device must remain powered on during the reset process and the whole process must be completed within a 24 period.
- Run SADP on a computer attached to the same local network as your device.
- The device should show in the SADP device list
- Select the device and from the panel on the right select "Forgot password"
- Select the option to reset the password by generating a code
- If your a registered installer you can email the file to Hikvision direct at email@example.com
- If you are an end user email the file to your installer or supplier. Devices purchased from Connectec can be reset by emailing the file to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will receive a file back from Hikvision
- In the forgot password area within SADP upload the file that has been supplied
- As long as the device has not been powered off and the file is uploaded within 24 hours you will now be able to set a new master password and subsequently access your device