Planet GSD-803 8 Port Gigabit Ethernet switch (metal case)
- Metal Case design
- 8 Port
- 10/100/1000 Mbps
- Desktop or wall mountable
Low cost, high quality desktop switches from planet are the perfect solution for domestic and small business networks.
Optimal Solution for Energy Saving and Gigabit High Performance
PLANET Green Networking Switch-GSD-803 is an ideal solution in line with the energy-saving trend worldwide. The GSD-803 is an 8-port Gigabit Ethernet Switch bringing both benefits of energy saving and Gigabit wire speed performance. It is specially designed for home networking, SOHOs and enterprises.
The GSD-803 incorporates two advanced Green Networking technologies and is able to provide power saving up to 40% less energy but maintains high performance efficiently.
(1) Hibernation Link Down power saving
The Hibernation Link Down power saving goes beyond IEEE specifications to automatically lower power for a given port when it is not linked. With the Hibernation Link Down power saving technology, the GSD-803 will automatically adjust power usage of the ports that are shut down or not connected to network device.
(2) Intelligent scales power based on cable length
Intelligent scales power, the other technology adopted, is an intelligent algorithm that actively determines the appropriate power level based on cable length. When the GSD-803 is connected with Ethernet cable shorter than 20m, a device can obtain maximum power saving because the GSD-803 would automatically detect the Ethernet cable length and diminish power usage. The connected device can substantially reduce the overall power consumption, which makes a significant contribution to energy saving.
Leading Home, SOHO and Workgroup Users to High-speed Networking Generation
The GSD-803 is designed with modern metal compact housing and easy for deployment of high speed Gigabit networking in home or SOHO applications. Providing 16Gbps internal switching fabric, the GSD-803 can handle an extremely large amount of data in a secure topology linking to a backbone or high capacity servers. The GSD-803 provides 8K MAC address table, and wire-speed packet transfer performance without risk of packet loss. The high data throughput of the device makes it ideal for most Gigabit environments, especially for the network to be upgraded to a Gigabit environment.
Plug & Play
All RJ-45 copper interfaces of the GSD-803 support 10/100/1000Mbps auto-negotiation for optimal speed detection through RJ-45 Category 5, 5e or 6 cables. They support standard auto-MDI/MDI-X feature which can detect the type of connection to any Ethernet device without requiring special straight or crossover cables.
- 5-Port 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet
- Complies with IEEE 802.3, 10Base-T, IEEE 802.3u 100Base-TX, IEEE 802.3ab 1000Base-T
- Supports auto MDI/MDI-X function
- Hardware based 10/100Mbps, half / full duplex and 1000Mbps full duplex mode, flow control and auto-negotiation
- Features Store-and-Forward mode with wire-speed filtering and forwarding rates
- IEEE 802.3x flow control for full duplex operation and back pressure for half duplex operation
- Integrated address look-up engine, supporting 2K absolute MAC addresses
- 9K Jumbo packet size
- Power saving ability for Green networking
- Automatic address learning and address aging
- Supports CSMA/CD protocol
- Made of metal, desktop size and wall-mount design
- LED indicators for system power, per port 1000 & Link / Act
- 5V DC, 1A external power adapter
- FCC, CE Class B compliant
|Dimensions||L 155.00mm x W 86.00mm x H 26.00mm|
Product variants available
|Planet GSD-803 Datasheet|
|Planet support site|
There are no reviews for this product. Please leave your review below.
Thanks for taking the time to review this product.
Your feedback helps us improve our products and services as well as helping other users make informed buying decisions.
Get expert answers to questions specific to this product below or for more help visit our Q&A forum
Be the first to ask a question and help others interested in this product
Ask your question here.
Why buy the Planet GSD-803 8 Port Gigabit Ethernet switch (metal case) from Connectec?
Our technical support team are experienced installation engineers with years of field experience.
Customer service is our top priority. We always try to ensure we offer a first class service too all our customers.
We offer FREE mainland UK delivery on orders over £75 and FREE next day delivery on orders over £150*.
We are approved Planet resellers for direct access to manufacturer warranty and support.
* Qualifying products only, subject to terms. For more information view our delivery information.