How do I Install Hikvision's 2 Wire Modular Video Intercom System?A Guide to Installing the Hikvision 2 Wire Modular Video Intercom System
29/01/2020 Neil Levett 868 0 Security
The following video and below article guide you through the steps required to install the 2-wire version of Hikvision's 2nd generation modular video intercom system.
Tools you will need:
- Philips Head Screwdriver
- Spirit Level
Make sure the surface that the camera module is being mounted on is flat, clean and free of debris. Decide on the configuration of the modules that you will be using and place the template stickers onto the mounting surface. Use spirit level to make sure the modules will be mounted at the correct angle and mark out mounting holes.
Place the camera module mount bracket onto the surface and lightly tighten one screw. Use the spirit level to make sure the mount bracket is level then add and tighten all of the mounting screws. Repeat this process for any additional mounting brackets for any other modules that you will be using, including the indoor intercom touch screen.
Main Camera Module
The DS-KD8003-IME2 2 Megapixel 180° Fisheye Camera Module controls all of the additional sub modules such as a key pad or card reader, which can be found here. Any sub modules should wire directly to the Camera Module and not to the Distributor. On the rear of the camera, you will find the following interfaces...
|A1||NC1||Door Lock Relay Output (NC)|
|A2||NO1||Door Lock Relay Output (NO)|
|A4||NC2||Door Lock Relay Output (NC)|
|A5||NO2||Door Lock Relay Output (NO)|
|A7||12 VDC||Power Supply Output|
|B1||AIN1||For the access of Door Magnetic 2|
|B2||AIN2||For the access of Door Magnetic 1|
|B3||AIN3||For the access of Exit Button 1|
|B4||AIN4||For the access of Exit Button 2|
Power and Network Interface
|B7||12 V OUT|
When all additional sub modules are wired up, slide the camera module into the mount bracket and attach the front face with the Allen key provided.
The indoor intercom touch screen slides down onto its mount without any fixings.
- Make sure all the equipment is powered off during installation.
- Decide on a convenient placement for the DS-KAD706 Video/Audio Distributor and screw a DIN rail where you would like it mounted. Clip the Distributor and the DS-KAW60-2N Power Supply to the DIN Rail.
- Attach a 2-wire cable to the 2-wire screw connector supplied with the camera module in the LAN port (C) and feed this to the Video/Audio Distributor. Connect the other end of the 2-wire cable into the channel 6 socket on the distributor.
- Repeat the process with the DS-KH6320-WTE2 2-wire Intercom Touch Screen and connect the other end to any of the other channel sockets between 1 - 5 on the Video/Audio Distributor.
- Connect a Power Cable to the 24V DC socket on the Video/Audio Distributor and connect the other end to the DS-KAW60-2N Power Supply as shown in the wiring diagram below. The DS-KAW60-2N can then be wired or plugged into the property's main power.
The set-up is now complete.
If you are having difficulty with any part of this process, please contact us for assistance.
About Neil Levett
Neil is head of Connetec's marketing team. Neil loves art and music and is always looking for his next adventure.
Write a comment