How to Reset the Password of a Hikvision or HiLook Device
A guide to resetting the admin password on you IP CCTV camera or recorder
05/08/2019 Nathanael Owen 5156 0 Security
The following video and below article guides you through the steps required to reset the master admin password on a Hikvision, HiLook or HiWatch IP camera or recorder.
To reset the password you will need a computer connected to the same network as your device.
1. Download and install Hikvision's IP device finder software SADP
2. Run SADP and locate your device in the device list
If you device does not show in the SADP list check the following
- The device is powered on
- You are physically connected to the same network as your device (Wireless connections are not recommended)
- If there is no router connected you will need to assign your computer a fixed IP address in the same subnet range as the device. eg. Device = 192.168.1.20 & Computer = 192.168.1.21
- You are using the latest version of the SADP software
3. Select your device and click "forgot password"
4. Select "export" and chose a location/folder on your computer to export the file to
- This process will only work with UK spec cameras sourced from an authorised UK supplier
6. After creating the file do not switch off the device for which you are resetting the password and complete the process within 24 hours
7. You will receive a new file by email
8. Under step 2 of the forgot password option in SADP select import and locate the file you have received
9. Enter a new password and click "confirm"
10. The password reset process should now be complete
If you are having difficulty with any part of this process please contact us for assistance.
About Nathanael Owen
Nathanael Owen is Connectec's resident tech guru and usually first stop for technical support. When he's not on a support case he's usually neck deep in web development and marketing tasks.
Write a comment