Monitor Audio WSS230 Super Slim In-Wall Speaker 60W
The Monitor Audio WSS230 is a 60W super slim 50 mm (2") In-Wall Speaker which features C-CAM Gold Dome tweeter and is designed to fit in 2" stud walls (Read more)
The Monitor Audio WSS230 offers a step-up in performance, featuring Monitor Audio's renowned C-CAM metal drivers, delivering increased precision and detailed sonic characteristics.
Mounting restricted by AVC ducts, cabling or pipework? No problem to this in-wall speaker, or any of the speakers in this range. These models can also be installed between a standard 14" stud bay, when used in a horizontal (portrait) orientation. Consequently, the same speakers can be installed around a screen, keeping the same neat visuals, as well as identical L-C-R performance.
To provide protection from damage by residual masonry or building materials, Monitor Audio designed a protective cover to keep the drivers and crossover safe. And the trim-less grille not only provides protection, it also adopts an incredibly discreet and low-profile aesthetic appearance. These covers can be painted to achieve seamless decor integration, with the supplied replacement scrim maintaining the stealthy presence of the speaker once decorating is done. Nice and neat. Super strong, magnetically attached rare earth magnets ensure long-term security, coupled with easy installation and servicing.
- Good, better, best performance levels
- Super-slim depth 50 mm (2") - designed to fit in 2" stud walls or where space is restricted
- Designed for portrait or landscape installation - fits between standard 14" stud bays
- Elegant, slim profile only 385 x 140 mm wide
- Three, 3" bass/mid-range drivers featuring incremental technology and performance benefits - MMP II, C-CAM and dished C-CAM cones
- 25 mm C-CAM Gold Dome tweeter used on WSS130 and WSS230 models. WSS430 utilises MPD high frequency transducer from Platinum IC model and flagship Platinum II speaker range
- High quality crossover components - Selected and voiced for amazing sonic performance
- Magnetically attached ‘trim-less’ grille - discreet, reliable, and easy servicing
- Tri-Grip Dog leg fixings - reliable, robust, and quick to install
- Gold plated sprung push terminals - easy to connect and reliable
- Paintable grille - to complement and blend with décor
|Frequency Response (-6 dB)||75 Hz - 30 kHz|
|Sensitivity (1W@1M)||87 dB|
|Nominal Impedance||8 ohms|
|Maximum SPL||105.6 dBA|
|Power Handling (RMS)||60 W - Full range (100 W with crossover set to 100 Hz @ 12 dB/Octave)|
|Recommended Amplifier Requirements||10 - 100 W|
|Drive Unit Complement||
3 x 3" C-CAM cone bass-mid drivers
1 x 25 mm (1") C-CAM Gold Dome tweeter
|Crossover Recommendation using AVR/Processor||100 Hz at a minimum of 12 dB/Octave (24 dB/Octave optimum)|
|Overall Dimensions||385 x 140.5 mm (15 x 5 1/2")|
|Overall Diameter (Including Grille)||54.25 mm (2 1/8")|
|Cut-Out Dimensions||346 x 101 mm (13 1/2 x 4")|
|Mounting Depth||50 mm (2")|
|Connection||Gold Plated Sprung push terminals - For bare wire connection up to 3 mm2|
|Fixing Type||6 position Tri-Grip dog leg fixings|
|Construction Material||Mineral filled ABS Plastic, RoHS2 Compliant. Painted steel grille|
|Weight||1.4 kg (3 lb 2 oz)|
|Pre-Construction Bracket||WB3 Pre-Construction Bracket (Dark Blue)|
|-- No files available --|
|Monitor Audio website|
|Monitor Audio support site|
Be the first to ask a question and help others interested in this product
Your feedback helps us improve our products and services as well as helping other users make informed buying decisions.
There are no reviews for this product.
Why buy from Connectec?
Our technical support team are experienced installation engineers with years of field experience.
Customer service is our top priority. We always try to ensure we offer a first class service too all our customers.
We offer FREE mainland UK delivery on orders over £75 and FREE next day delivery on orders over £150*.
* Qualifying products only, subject to terms. For more information view our delivery information.