TP-LINK TL-SG2428P JetStream 28-Port (24-Port PoE+) Gigabit Smart Switch 4x SFP
The TP-LINK TL-SG2428P is a 28-port managed Rackmount PoE smart switch that provides power & data over a single Ethernet cable via 24 PoE RJ45 ports (Read more)
The TL-SG2428P is TP-Link’s brand new JetStream 28 port PoE gigabit smart switch which provides huge upgrades comparing with previous versions. The switch can be managed by Omada SDN Controller, which provides professional and reliable one-step solutions. Integrated L2 and L2+ features such as 802.1Q VLAN, QoS, IGMP Snooping and static routing provide cost-effective networking solutions for small and medium-sized businesses without sacrificing enhanced usability and strong performance.
The TL-SG2428P provides power and data over a single Ethernet cable via 24 x 10/100/1000 Mbps PoE RJ45 ports, making it perfect for medium to large-scale IP surveillance networks. It can automatically detect and supply power to any compatible PoE camera allowing you to expand your network without separate power cables, making installation quicker, easier and more cost effective.
Separate from the RJ45 device ports, the TL-SG2428P has 4 Gigabit SFP uplink ports that be connected with SFP modules for fibre.
Software Defined Networking (SDN) with Cloud Access
Omada Software Defined Networking (SDN) platform integrates network devices, including access points, switches and gateways, providing 100% centralized cloud management. Omada creates a highly scalable network——all controlled from a single interface. Seamless wireless and wired connections are provided, ideal for use in hospitality, education, retail, offices, and more.
Easy and Intelligent Network Monitoring
The easy-to-use dashboard makes it easy to see your real-time network status; check network usage and traffic distribution; receive network condition logs, abnormal event warnings, and notifications; or even track key data for better business results. Network topology helps IP admins quickly see and troubleshoot connection at a glance.
- 250 W PoE Budget: 24× 802.3at/af-compliant PoE+ ports with a total power supply of 250 W*.
- Full Gigabit Ports: 24× gigabit PoE+ ports and 4× gigabit SFP Slots provide high-speed connections.
- Integrated into Omada SDN: Zero-Touch Provisioning (ZTP)**, Centralized Cloud Management, and Intelligent Monitoring.
- Centralized Management: Cloud access and Omada app for ultra convenience and easy management.
- Static Routing: Helps route internal traffic for more efficient use of network resources.
- Robust Security Strategies: IP-MAC-Port Binding, ACL, Port Security, DoS Defend, Storm control, DHCP Snooping, 802.1X, Radius Authentication, and more.
- Optimize Voice and Video Applications: L2/L3/L4 QoS and IGMP snooping.
- IPv6: IPv6 support with dual IPv4/IPv6 stack, MLD snooping, IPv6 neighbor discovery.
|Standards and Protocols
||IEEE 802.3i, IEEE 802.3u, IEEE 802.3ab, IEEE802.3z, IEEE
802.3ad, IEEE 802.3x, IEEE 802.3az, IEEE 802.1d, IEEE 802.1s, IEEE
802.1w, IEEE 802.1q, IEEE 802.1p, IEEE 802.1x
||• 24× 10/100/1000 Mbps RJ45 Ports (Auto
• 4× Gigabit SFP Slots
||10BASE-T: UTP category 3, 4, 5 cable
EIA/TIA-568 100Ω STP (maximum 100m)
100BASE-TX: UTP category 5, 5e cable (maximum 100m)
EIA/TIA-568 100Ω STP (maximum 100m)
1000BASE-T: UTP category 5, 5e, 6 or above cable (maximum 100m)
EIA/TIA-568 100Ω STP (maximum 100m)
1000BASE-X MMF, SMF
|Physical Security Lock
||100–240 VAC, 50/60 Hz
|PoE Ports (RJ45)
||Standard: 802.3at/802.3af compliant
PoE+ Ports: 24 Ports
Power Supply: 250 W
|Dimensions (W x D x H)
||17.3 × 8.7 × 1.73 in (440 × 220 × 44 mm)
|Max Power Consumption
||• 32.1 W (110 V/ 60 Hz with no PD connected)
• 308.6 W (110 V/ 60 Hz with 250 W PD connected)
|Max Heat Dissipation
||109.53 BTU/h (with no PD connected)
• 1052.94 BTU/h (with 250 W PD connected)
|Packet Forwarding Rate
|MAC Address Table
|Packet Buffer Memory
|Quality of Service
||• Support 802.1p CoS/DSCP priority
• Support 8 priority queues
• Queue scheduling: SP, WRR, SP+WRR
• Port/Flow- based Rate Limiting
• IPv6 QoS
• Voice VLAN
|L2 & L2+ Features
||• Static Routing
• DHCP Relay
• DHCP Server
• IGMP Snooping V1/V2/V3
• 802.3ad LACP (Up to 8 aggregation groups, containing 8 ports per group)
• Spanning Tree STP/RSTP/MSTP
• BPDU Filtering/Guard
• TC/Root Protect
• Loopback detection
• 802.3x Flow Control
• LLDP, LLDP-MED
||• Supports up to 4K VLANs simultaneously (out of 4K VLAN
• MAC/Protocol-based VLAN
|Access Control List
||• L2–L4 package filtering
• MAC ACL
• IP ACL
• Combined ACL
• IPv6 ACL
• Port Security
• DHCP Snooping
• IP-MAC-Port Binding
• IPv6-MAC-Port Binding
• ARP Inspection
• 802.1x and Radius Authentication
• SSH v1/v2
• SSL v3/TLSv1.2
• Broadcast/Multicast/Unknown-unicast Storm Control
• Dos Defend
||• Dual IPv4/IPv6 stack
• Multicast Listener Discovery (MLD) Snooping
• IPv6 neighbor discovery (ND)
• Path maximum transmission unit (MTU) discovery
• Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP) version 6
||• DHCPv6 Client
• Telnet (v6)
• IPv6 SNMP
• IPv6 SSH
• IPv6 SSL
• IPv6 TFTP
||• Automatic Device Discovery
• Batch Configuration
• Batch Firmware Upgrading
• Intelligent Network Monitoring
• Abnormal Event Warnings
• Unified Configuration
• Reboot Schedule
||• MIB II (RFC1213)
• Bridge MIB (RFC1493)
• P/Q-Bridge MIB (RFC2674)
• Radius Accounting Client MIB (RFC2620)
• Radius Authentication Client MIB (RFC2618)
• Remote Ping, Traceroute MIB (RFC2925)
• Support TP-Link private MIBs
• RMON MIB (RFC1757, rmon 1,2,3,9)
||• Omada Cloud-Based Controller
• Omada Hardware Controller (OC300)
• Omada Hardware Controller (OC200)
• Omada Software Controller
||Yes (Through OC300, OC200, Omada Cloud-Based Controller, or
Omada Software Controller)
||Yes. Requiring the use of Omada Cloud-Based Controller
(Supported by TL-SG2428P v1, v3 and above, while is not supported
by TL-SG2428P v2)
||• Web-based GUI and CLI management
• SNMP v1/v2c/v3, compatible with public MIBs and TP-Link private MIBs
• RMON (1, 2, 3, 9 groups)
• CPU Monitoring
• Port Mirroring
• Firmware Upgrade: TFTP & Web
• System Diagnose: VCT
• SYSLOG & Public MIBS
• Dual Image
||FCC, CE, RoHS
• Power Cord
• Installation Guide
• Rackmount Kit
• Rubber Feet
||Microsoft® Windows® XP, Vista™ or Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows
10, MAC® OS, NetWare®, UNIX® or Linux.
||Operating Temperature: 0°C~50°C (32°F~122°F)
Storage Temperature: -40°C~70°C (-40°F~158°F)
Operating Humidity: 10% ~ 90% non-condensing
Storage Humidity: 5%~90% non-condensing
*PoE budget calculations are based on laboratory testing. Actual PoE power budget is not guaranteed and will vary as a result of client limitations and environmental factors.
**Zero-Touch Provisioning requires the use of Omada Cloud-Based Controller.
|TP-LINK TL-SG2428P Datasheet|
|Omada User Guide|
|TP-Link support site|
Get expert answers to questions specific to this product below or for more help visit our Q & A forum
Be the first to ask a question and help others interested in this product
Your feedback helps us improve our products and services as well as helping other users make informed buying decisions.
There are no reviews for this product.
Why buy from Connectec?
Our technical support team are experienced installation engineers with years of field experience.
Customer service is our top priority. We always try to ensure we offer a first class service too all our customers.
We offer FREE mainland UK delivery on orders over £75 and FREE next day delivery on orders over £150*.
* Qualifying products only, subject to terms. For more information view our delivery information.