Planet WDAP-850AC Dual Band 802.11ac 1200Mbps Outdoor Wi-Fi Access Point
- 2.4GHz & 5GHz bands
- IP67 Rated
- 3 year guarantee
The Planet WDAP-850AC is an outdoor, PoE+ wireless access point that can provide WiFi speeds up to 1200Mbps over 2.4GHz & 5GHz and has an IP67 rating (Read more)
The Planet WDAP-850AC is a powerful, outdoor access point that delivers dual band technology to avoid signal interference and ensure optimal Wi-Fi performance. The 2.4GHz band is used check emails and browse web pages, whereas the 5GHz band is used for multimedia applications such as streaming HD movies. The WDAP-850AC is able to deliver a maximum wireless speed of 867Mbps at 5GHz and 300Mbps at 2.4GHz and is ideal for applications such as large outdoor spaces with poor internet signal.
Depending on the requirements, the WDAP-850AC is compatible with various antennas which offer different signal strengths and applications. With the correct antenna fitted, the WDAP-850AC can be used as a standard outdoor access point, a wireless point to point bridge, or a multi directional, wireless point to point bridge.
Access Point (AP) with Omni Antenna
WDS (Point to Point) with Panel Antenna
WDS (Point to Multi Point) with Panel
|When used with Omni Directional
Antennas, the WDAP-850AC can be used as a standard outdoor access
point, providing a powerful dual band Wi-Fi network to any wireless
device in the area.
These antennas can be found here
|When used with directional panel
antennas, 2 WDAP-850AC units can be used to create a powerful point
to point link which can send the network signal wirelessly between
2 buildings where there is a clear line of sight.
||When used with multiple directional
panel antennas, several WDAP-850AC units can be used to create
powerful point to point links which can send the network signally
wirelessly between multiple buildings where there is a clear line
Please note: No antennas are supplied with the WDAP-850AC and must be purchased separately.
MU-MIMO Wave 2 technology
The Planet WDAP-850ACE features MU-MIMO Wave 2 technology which provides a better Wi-Fi user experience when browsing the web on a mobile device. When coupled with the Powerful Dual-band WLAN, users experience less drop off and congestion when using the network in open work spaces. Furthermore, the WDAP-C7210E adopts the high-class Qualcomm Atheros SoC (System-on-a-Chip), which provides higher stability to meet the stringent requirements of the solution.
Multiple SSIDs with VLAN Tagging
The WDAP-850AC supports WPA/WPA2 and 802.1X RADIUS authentication to secure the wireless connection. In addition, the supported IEEE 802.1Q VLAN allows multiple VLAN tags to be mapped to multiple SSIDs to distinguish the wireless access. This makes it possible for the WDAP-850AC to work with managed Ethernet switches to have VLANs assigned for a different access level and authority.
- Compliant with the IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wave 2 MU-MIMO wireless technology
- 802.11ac 2T2R architecture with data rate of up to 1200Mbps (300Mbps at 2.4GHz and 867Mbps at 5GHz)
- Equipped with 10/100/1000Mbps RJ45 port with auto MDI/MDI-X supported
- One reset button and power LED indicator
- Built-in four N-type antenna connectors
- High output power with multiply-adjustable transmit power control
- IP67 rating, IEEE 802.3at PoE design
- Rugged protection with aluminum extrusion case and ground terminal
- 20KV surge protection for wire cable interface
- Operating temperature: -40~70 degrees C
- Multiple operation modes: AP, Gateway, Repeater, WDS, WISP
- WMM (Wi-Fi multimedia) provides higher priority to multimedia transmitting over wireless
- Coverage threshold to limit the weak signal of clients occupying session
- Real-time Wi-Fi channel analysis chart and client limit control for better performance
- Full encryption supported: 64-/128-bit WEP, WPA/WPA2, WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK and 802.1X RADIUS authentication
- Supports 802.1Q VLAN and SSID-to-VLAN mapping
- Supports IP/port/MAC address/URL filtering, DoS, SPI firewall
- Supports DMZ and port forwarding
- Bandwidth control per IP address to increase network stability
- Supports PLANET AP controllers in AP mode
- Nodes are easily discovered with PLANET Smart Discovery Utility
- Self-healing mechanism through system auto reboot setting
- System status monitoring through remote syslog server
- Supports PLANET DDNS/Easy DDNS
|Environment & Certification|
|Standard Support||IEEE 802.11ac
IEEE 802.3 10BASE-T
IEEE 802.3u 100BASE-TX
IEEE 802.3ab 1000BASE-T
IEEE 802.3x flow control
|Dimensions (W x D x H)||231 x 80 x 295 mm|
|Power Requirement||48V 0.5A, IEEE 802.3at PoE+|
|Power Consumption (max.)||< 30W|
|Mounting Type||Mast mounting|
|Interface||Wireless IEEE802.11a/b/g/n/ac, 2T2R
PoE WAN: 1 x 10/100/1000BASE-T, auto-MDI/MDIX, 802.3at PoE In
|Antenna||Built-in four N-type connectors|
|Data Rate||IEEE 802.11b: up to 11Mbps
IEEE 802.11a/g: up to 54Mbps
IEEE 802.11n (20MHz): up to 150Mbps
IEEE 802.11n (40MHz): up to 300Mbps
802.11ac (VHT20): Up to 173.3Mbps
802.11ac (VHT40): Up to 400Mbps
802.11ac (VHT80): Up to 867Mbps
|Media Access Control||CSMA/CA|
|Modulation||802.11ac: OFDM (BPSK/ QPSK/ 16QAM/ 64QAM/ 256QAM)
802.11a/g/n: OFDM (BPSK/ QPSK/ 16QAM/ 64QAM)
802.11b: DSSS (DBPSK/ DQPSK/ CCK)
FCC: 5.180~5.240GHz, 5.745~5.825GHz
FCC: 1~11 Channels
ETSI: 1~13 Channels
FCC: 36, 40, 44, 48, 149, 153, 157, 161, 165 (9 Channels)
ETSI: 36, 40, 44, 48, 100, 104, 108, 112, 116, 132, 136, 140 (12 Channels)
5GHz channel list may vary in different countries depending on their regulations.
|Max. Transmit Power (dBm)||FCC: up to 29 ± 1dBm
ETSI: < 20dBm (EIRP)
|Receiver Sensitivity (dBm)||
|Operating Temperature||-40~70 degrees C|
|Operating Humidity||10~90% (non-condensing)|
|ESD Protection||±8kV air gap discharge
±4kV contact discharge
|LAN||Static IP / DHCP Client
Supports IP-MAC binding
|WAN Type (GW/WISP mode)||
|Channel Width||20MHz, 40MHz, 80MHz|
|Encryption Type||64-/128-bit WEP, WPA, WPA-PSK, WPA2, WPA2-PSK, 802.1X|
|Wireless Security||Wireless Security|
|Max. SSIDs||8 (4 per radio)|
|Max. Wireless Clients||128 (64 per radio)|
|Max. WDS Peers||4|
|Wireless QoS||Supports Wi-Fi Multimedia (WMM)|
|Wireless Advanced||Auto channel selection
5-level transmit power control (100%, 75%, 50%, 25% and 12.5%)
Client limit control, coverage threshold
Distance control (Auto Ack Timeout)
Wi-Fi channel analysis chart
|Status Monitoring||Device status, wireless client List
PLANET Smart Discovery
DHCP client table
System Log supports remote syslog server
|VLAN||IEEE 802.1Q VLAN (VID: 3~4094)
SSID-to-VLAN mapping up to 4 SSIDs
|Self-healing||Supports auto reboot settings per day/hour|
|-- No videos available --|
|Planet WDAP-850AC Quick Start Guide|
|Planet WDAP-850AC Datasheet|
|Planet support site|
Get expert answers to questions specific to this product below or for more help visit our Q & A forum
Be the first to ask a question and help others interested in this product
Your feedback helps us improve our products and services as well as helping other users make informed buying decisions.
There are no reviews for this product.
Why buy from Connectec?
Our technical support team are experienced installation engineers with years of field experience.
Customer service is our top priority. We always try to ensure we offer a first class service too all our customers.
We offer FREE mainland UK delivery on orders over £75 and FREE next day delivery on orders over £150*.
* Qualifying products only, subject to terms. For more information view our delivery information.