Planet GST-805A Web Smart Gigabit Ethernet Media Converter
- Fiber (SFP) to RJ45
- 9K Jumbo Frame
- 3 year guarantee
The Planet GST-805A is a Gigabit fiber optic to copper RJ45 Ethernet media converter which extends the communication distance depending on SFP module (Read more)
The Planet GST-805A is a Gigabit media converter that converts copper RJ45 10/100/1000Base-T to 1000Base-LX/SX(mini-GBIC, SFP) Fiber and can extend the communication distance depending on SFP module.
The GST-805A can be used as a stand alone device or as a chassis for centralised management and is hot swappable to avoid network downtime.
The GST-805A provides auto MDI/MDI-X on its TP port and the DIP switch to configure the available smart functions including the auto-negotiation / force for fiber interface and Link Pass-through function (LLCF/LLR). The Link Loss Carry Forward (LLCF) function works with Link Loss Return (LLR) to diagnose network connections. Also, the LLR function can immediately alarm network administrator the media link issue and provide efficient solution to monitoring the entire network.
- Complies with IEEE 802.3 10Base-T, IEEE 802.3u 100Base-TX, IEEE 802.3ab 1000Base-T, IEEE 802.3z 1000Base-SX/LX Ethernet Standard
- One 10/100/1000Base-T port with RJ-45 connector
- One 1000Base-SX/LX port with LC/SC/WDM connector supporting multi-mode or single-mode fiber optic cable
- Auto-negotiation and Auto-MDI / MDI-X for 10/100/1000Base-T port
- Back-pressure and IEEE 802.3x compliant flow control and full wire-speed forwarding rate
- 9K Jumbo Frame size supported
- Link Loss Return (LLR) switch on each fiber optic to aid in troubleshooting remote network connections
- Link Loss Carry Forward (LLCF) work with LLR in diagnosing network connections
- Provides DIP switch for fiber (Auto-negotiation / Manual) and LFP function(Disable / Enable) setting
- Manageable through Managed Media Converter Chassis System (MC-1600MR/MC-1610MR series)
- Bandwidth control / TS-1000 OAM / IEEE 802.3ah OAM / Loop Back Test function provided with MC-1610MR / MC-1610MR48 Managed Media Converter Chassis System
- Used as a stand-alone device or work with Managed Media Converter Chassis for up to 16 converter with redundant power supply for optional expansion use
- LED indicators for converter status
- Choice of fiber-connector from SC, LC, WDM, multi-mode / single-mode fiber / 1000Base-SX / LX mini GBIC module
- EMI standards complies with FCC, CE class A
|Standards||IEEE 802.3, 10Base-T|
IEEE 802.3u, 100Base-TX
IEEE 802.3ab, 1000Base-T
IEEE 802.3z, 1000Base-SX/LX
IEEE 802.3ah OAM
|Ports||1 x 10/100/1000Base-T port|
1 x 1000Base-SX/LX port
|Copper Interface||RJ-45 port (Auto-MDI/MDI-X) Twisted Pair|
|Optic Interface||GST-805A: SFP|
|Optic Wavelength||depends on SFP module|
|Launch Power(dBm) Max||depends on SFP module|
|Launch Power(dBm) Min.||depends on SFP module|
|Receive Sensitivity||depends on SFP module|
|Maximum Input power||depends on SFP module|
|Speed Twisted-pair||10/20Mbps for Half / Full-Duplex|
100/200Mbps for Half / Full Duplex
2000Mbps for Full-Duplex
|Speed Fiber-optic||2000Mbps for Full-Duplex|
|Cable Twisted-pair||10Base-T: 2-pair UTP Cat. 3,4,5, up to 100m|
100Base-TX: 2-pair UTP Cat. 5, up to 100m
1000Base-T: 4-pair STP Cat 5 up to 100m
|Cable Fiber-optic Cable||• 50/125μm or 62.5/125μm multi-mode fiber cable, up to 220/550m.|
• 9/125μm single-mode cable, provides long distance for 10/20/30/40/50/70/120km (vary on fiber transceiver or SFP module)
|LED Indicator||• PWR (Green)|
• TP: 1000, LINK/ACT
• Fiber: LINK/ACT
|DIP Switch||Fiber (Auto-negotiation / Manual), LFP (Disable / Enable)|
|Power Consumption||3.1 Watts / 10BTU (maximum)|
|OAM||TS-1000, IEEE 802.3ah terminal|
|Jumbo Frame size||9K|
|Power Input||DC 5V / 2A|
|Dimensions (W x D x H)||81 x 94 x 26 mm|
|Operating Environment||Temperature: 0~50 degrees C; Humidity: 5~90% non-condensing|
|Storage Environment||Temperature: -40~70 degrees C; Humidity: 5~90% non-condensing|
|Emissions||FCC Class A, CE Class A|
|-- No videos available --|
|Planet GST-805A Web Smart Gigabit Ethernet Media Converter Datasheet|
|Planet GST-805A Web Smart Gigabit Ethernet Media Converter User Manual|
|Planet support site|
Be the first to ask a question and help others interested in this product
Your feedback helps us improve our products and services as well as helping other users make informed buying decisions.
There are no reviews for this product.
Why buy from Connectec?
Our technical support team are experienced installation engineers with years of field experience.
Customer service is our top priority. We always try to ensure we offer a first class service too all our customers.
We offer FREE mainland UK delivery on orders over £75 and FREE next day delivery on orders over £150*.
* Qualifying products only, subject to terms. For more information view our delivery information.