The Planet GT-802 is a Gigabit media converter that converts 50/125μm or 62.5/125μm multi-mode fiber optic connections to RJ45 copper Ethernet networks.
The multi-mode fiber connects to the media converter using an SC connection and can be used to extend your network up to 550 metres.
Flexible Mounting Options
The GT-802 can be desk, wall or chassis mounted (requires optional MC-700 or MC-1500 chassis) and is powered using the included 5 VDC power supply.
Summary of features
- Complies with IEEE 802.3 10BASE-T, IEEE 802.3u 100BASE-TX, IEEE 802.3ab 1000BASE-T, IEEE 802.3z 1000BASE-SX
- TP port supports 10/100/1000BASE-T auto-negotiation and auto-MDI/MDI-X
- 1000BASE-SX: 50/125μm or 62.5/125μm multi-mode fiber cable, up to 220/550m (GT-802)
- 1000BASE-T: 2-pair Cat. 5/5e/6 UTP cable, up to 100 meters
- Layer 2 key Features
- IEEE 802.3x full-duplex flow-control and back-pressure in half-duplex eliminate the loss of packets - Supports auto MDI/MDI-X function - Store-and-Forward mechanism- Non-blocking full wire-speed forwarding rate
- Media conversion between 10/100/1000BASE-T and 1000BASE-SX
- Fiber media allows
- Multi-mode fiber using SC connector
- Compact size for working with PLANET MC family media chassis (MC-700/MC-1500/MC-1500R/MC-1500R48)
- Wall-mountable design
- LED indicators for easy network diagnostics
- Provides DIP switch for LFP function (Disable/Enable) setting
- OAM TS-1000 supported
- 9K Jumbo Frame Supported
- Compact in size, easy installation
|Ports||1 x 10/100/1000BASE-T port,|
1 x 1000BASE-SX SC port
|Copper Interface||RJ-45 port (Auto-MDI/MDI-X) Twisted Pair|
|Fiber Maximum Distance||220/550m|
|Max. Optical Launch Power||-4dBm|
|Min. Optical Launch Power||-9.5dBm|
|Max. Input Power||N/A|
|Min. Input Power|| -18|
|Optical Link Budget||3dB(62.5/125μm)|
TP LINK/ACT, 1000
|DIP Switch||LFP function (Disable/Enable) setting|
|Power Consumption||4.6 watts / 15 BTU (maximum)|
|Power Input||DC 5V/2A|
|Dimensions (W x D x H)||26 x 70 x 97 mm|
10/20Mbps for half/full-duplex
100/200Mbps for half/full duplex
2000Mbps for full-duplex
2000Mbps for full-duplex
10BASE-T: 2-pair UTP Cat. 3,4,5, up to 100m
100BASE-TX: 2-pair UTP Cat. 5, up to 100m
1000BASE-T: 4-pair STP Cat 5 up to 100m
1000BASE-SX: 50/125μm or 62.5/125μm multi-mode fiber cable, up to 220/550m.
|OAM||TS-1000 and IEEE 802.3ah Terminal mode supported|
|Jumbo Packet Size||9K|
|Standards Compliance||IEEE 802.3, 10BASE-T|
IEEE 802.3u, 100BASE-TX
IEEE 802.3ab, 1000BASE-T
IEEE 802.3z, 1000BASE-SX/LX
IEEE 802.3x Full-duplex flow control
|Operating Environment||Operating temperature: 0 to 50 degrees C; Humidity: 5~95% non-condensing|
|Storage Environment||storage temperature: -10 to 70 degrees C; Humidity: 5~95% non-condensing|
|Emissions||FCC Class A, CE Class A|
|-- No videos available --|
|Planet GT-802 datasheet|
|Planet support site|
Be the first to ask a question and help others interested in this product
Your feedback helps us improve our products and services as well as helping other users make informed buying decisions.
There are no reviews for this product.
Why buy from Connectec?
Our technical support team are experienced installation engineers with years of field experience.
Customer service is our top priority. We always try to ensure we offer a first class service too all our customers.
We offer FREE mainland UK delivery on orders over £75 and FREE next day delivery on orders over £150*.
* Qualifying products only, subject to terms. For more information view our delivery information.